Vancouver, BC, CANADA, April 16, 2008 – GeoWeb 2008 conference organizers are pleased to announce the recent sponsors of the GeoWeb 2008 conference.
- Microsoft Virtual Earth as a new Platinum Sponsor
- Safe Software as a new Gold Sponsor
- GeoWorld Magazine as our returning Industry Media Sponsor
"We are very pleased to announce our two newest conference sponsors, Microsoft Virtual Earth and Safe Software. The partnership with these two companies is important to achieving the ambitious objectives we have for this conference," said Bob Samborski, Executive Director of GITA.
Ron Lake, CEO of Galdos Systems, Inc. says "The addition of these industry leaders shows the importance of the GeoWeb for the GI and wider IT industries."
GeoWeb is one of the only annual conferences focusing exclusively on the convergence of GIS and the Internet and the economic potential associated with the convergence of XML, web services and geographic information systems.
The theme for this year's GeoWeb conference is Infrastructure: Local to Global. The key themes of this year's paper presentations are:
- Global aggregators and Data Communities
- GeoWeb in Security and Defense
- Real time emergency response and environmental security
- Neo-geo, user generated data and the GI professional
- CAD-BIM-GIS-Games Integration – 3D Cityscapes (Worlds Real and Virtual)
- Infrastructure for information – building alongside physical infrastructure
- Municipal SDI in the GeoWeb
- Imaging, Coverages and Information Infrastructures
For media inquiries, please contact:
Stephanie Hughes-White, Galdos Systems Inc.
1.604.484.2768 or shugheswhitegaldosinccom (shugheswhitegaldosinccom)