INdicio™ is a Web Registry that implements the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Web Registry Service specification (also know as the Catalogue Service for the Web). Unlike conventional geographic catalogues, INdicio is highly configurable and can be readily deployed to manage a wide variety of objects.
The advantages that an INdicio Registry provides over a relational database include:
- superior extensibility with low risk; add additional model objects and relationships at any time – WITHOUT CHANGES to the schema; only the conceptual model is affected.
- the networked nature of the registry builds added value over time through the simple, natural, process of incrementally adding links to registry objects; once an object is linked, this new relationship is immediately visible to all registry clients and can be usefully queried and used to discover additional, related, objects.
- the extensible ClassificationScheme model from ebRIM allows ongoing creation and modification of taxonomies. These taxonomies are used to classify Registry objects and thus increase their findability over time. Being able to define new taxonomies as the need arises provides a level of future-proofing by ensuring that should new requirements demand this, it is straightforward to define new instances.
- integration with other web services is easier to achieve due to INdicio’s flexible output transformation utility.
The INdicio Web Registry Service includes:
- Open standards-based
- Easy installation and configuration
- Easy management and monitoring capabilities
- Secure and flexible interface
- Supports multilingual application domains
- Support for large transactions
- Implementation of OGC Cat 2.0.2, CSW-ebRIM 1.0.1
- OGC Filter Expressions (v1.1.0)
INdicio also provides:
- An Audit Trail that tracks who has created, modified, or viewed registry objects
- Security policies that control who can create, see, delete, or modify objects
- Easy integration with corporate access control systems
The INdicio Registry Client application provides an easy-to-use web interface for publishing content and for managing and updating records in the Registry.
The Registry Client includes a visual Query Builder, which provides a flexible and secure query interface that allows complex search criteria to be constructed graphically. The sophisticated search capabilities can be used to find records and retrieve related information efficiently and effectively:
- Supports spatial queries using GML 3.1.1
- Supports XACML specification
- Supports role-based access control
- Full text search of XML resources
- Extensible harvest
- Customizable life cycle management
- Output transformations facilitate rapid web services integration
INdicio ships with a CSW-ebRIM Basic Extension Package which provides a variety of useful objects for geospatial applications including:
- Services taxonomy (source: ISO 19119 “Geographic information – Services”)
- Country codes (source: ISO 3166-1 “Codes for the representation of names of countries and their subdivisions – Part 1: Country codes”)
- Geographical regions (source: UN Statistics Division)
- Feature codes (source: DGIWG FDD)
- Property categories based on Dublin Core (source: DCMI metadata terms)
INdicio is inherently extensible and can be adapted to multiple application requirements by using OGC CSW layered on top of ebRIM. Galdos Systems is constantly developing new extension packages, such as the CRS Extension Package, as well as custom extension packages on request.
- PostgreSQL 8.4, Oracle 11g, Oracle Express Edition (XE) 10g
- Java JDK 1.6
- Windows 2003
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0
- Apache Tomcat 6x Web Application Server
- OGC CSW-ebRIM 1.0.1
- OGC Catalogue 2.0.2 / CSW
- OASIS ebRIM 3.0
- OGC Filter 1.1.0
- GML 3.1.1
- OWS Common 1.0