The OpenGeospatial Consortium strongly endorsed the OASIS ebRIM (e-Business Registry Information Model) as the preferred basis for future profiles of OGC Catalogue. This endorsement lays the ground work for a variety of ebRIM "extension packages" to be developed and standardized in the OGC for various application domains and application topics. High on the list we can expect:
- dataset descriptions based on ISO 19139
- service offer descriptions based on ISO 19119 (The classification scheme is already part of the WRS Basic Extension package).
- coordinate reference systems (CRS) and units of measure
- application schemas
- map styles and symbol sets
- access control policies (XACML and Geo-XACML)
- feature catalogues
- imagery and earth observation products.
The support for ebRIM now allows these "profiles" to move full speed ahead and we can expect a significant number to be deployed within the next year.