Google has decided to phase out its highly successful Google Earth Enterprise (GEE). As a result many organizations are looking for a similar platform to replace the GEE they already have or were thinking of acquiring.
INdicio™, from Galdos Systems , is a sophisticated information management platform that works with Google Maps, Cesium, and other mapping solutions. This offers an alternative information management solution to that provided by GEE, at a highly attractive price point, and with some impressive additional features.
Part GIS, part database, part document and digital asset management system, Galdos INdicio provides all of the favourite features from GEE:
- Storage and management of geographic features
- Automated alerting and notification
- Powerful querying using free text, geography, taxonomies, and feature properties
- Capture of geographic feature geometry from image or map underlays
- Multi-lingual support
- Selectable verification of KML data validity
In addition, INdicio offers many powerful new data management features:
- Rich and expressive NoSQL data model built on taxonomies, relationships, and objects
- Built-in application level audit trail
- User configurable, type specific life cycle status management for all features
- User extensible harvesting framework for ESRI GeoDatabase, GML, KML, PDF, GeoPDF, GeoTiff and GMLJP2 images; automatically import data on the fly into INdicio; use Safe FME in a harvester to add hundreds more data formats
- User extensible output transformations for HTML, SVG, JSON (including GeoJSON); add further formats using the Safe FME plugin
- Automated data classification and data duplication detection
- Association of geometric features with documents, 3D drawings etc.; management of arbitrary artifacts in a geospatial context
- Storage and management of open (e.g. CityGML) and proprietary BIM data fastest rendering of CityGML available; available Galdos TerraFirm open source earth browser
- Compliance with OGC CSW-ebRIM, WMS, and GML standards for complete interoperability
- Client libraries for iOS, Android, and HTML5
INdicio can easily be made to work with pure mapping solutions like Cesium and MapBox.
Using Galdos INdicio with FME from Safe Software allows content to be easily migrated from a proprietary GE Globe to an open, standards-based alternative.
See the related post in Ron Lake’s blog — Google Earth Enterprise Bites the Dust